Sunday, December 5, 2010

British Cuisine????

I was looking in my fridge wondering what I should throw together for tonight - looking at all of those "oops" veggies that I forgot to change out from my Full Circle Farm order and there was a huge head of cabbage...

I started to think - I saw bacon, potatoes and cabbage and then I remembered an old old recipe called Bubble and Squeak so I looked up some recipes, changed them up and came up with this recipe...

Bubble and Squeak

Lynne style

10 strips of bacon
3 medium sized links of good sausage (can use loose pork sausage use about a 1/2 lb)
4 small potatoes
5 leaves of cabbage
2 TBS butter
salt and pepper to taste
Frank's Hot Sauce (optional)

Okay - slice up the potatoes and put in some water to boil so they can soften - let that do it's magic

While the potatoes are boiling, fry-up the bacon when finished place on a paper towel to drain and cool. Fry up the sausage as well in the bacon grease.

Slice up the cabbage and set aside.

After the bacon is fried - slice it up.

Drain the potatoes and put back in the pot that they cooked in. Add the sliced bacon, sausage and all of the oil and 2 TBS butter let that cook for about 2 minutes then add sliced cabbage, salt and pepper. Cook only until the cabbage becomes bright green.

Serve immediately and add Franks Hot Sauce if desired. I think it really needs that extra kick.


Allergen free for my kids, pretty fast and very filling. It's bizarre but a winner

Get the potatoes to fork tender

No comments:

Post a Comment