Monday, November 22, 2010

Pozole

This is another thing the boy can have and I am thrilled about it because it is my absolute "feel good" recipe and I love pozole, when I feel sick - I get pozole and it is to me like a Mexican version of chicken noodle soup

Here's a Pozole recipe

Pozole – in the crockpot

2 lbs pork
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can hominy, drained & rinsed
1 cup water
1 cup pork broth – chicken will do in a pinch
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers, drained
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 tsp ground coriander
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin

fresh cilantro
fresh cabbage
fresh avocados
corn torillas

Directions:
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
Combine pork with hominy, broth, onion and garlic, chili peppers, chili powder, and cumin in crock pot; mix thoroughly.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Serve with warm corn tortillas, avocados, fresh cilantro and fresh sliced cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment