Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Excited - with a catch

It's really exciting that so many companies are coming out with gluten-free stuff as well as organic stuff. People yelled loud enough and voila! There you go. I just had a nibble of the French Meadow Bakery - yellow cake and it was at Safeway (of all places).

However - and I want to stress how thrilled I am at the options - I am annoyed that people are using the Gluten-Free way of eating as a "diet plan". It is probably one of the most bothersome parts of the entire process. I'm afraid that like all "diet plans" that this one will crash and the options will go away. I cannot be the only one who thinks this. I really hope that it is a trend that will stay because people with allergies and celiac disease need this "plan"

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I know I'm just sensitive to it...I don't HAVE to completely cut it out of my diet I just feel better the less of it I eat (especially when stressed), but I really hope that the 'trend' doesn't go away and we'll be stuck with fewer and fewer options. It's really nice to see 'gluten free' in regular grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete