Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Alternatives

Recently, I was asked to help out people with some alternative therapies/remedies for aliments.
There is so much to cover here but I can say that Homeopathy is the most amazing thing. If the world suddenly goes crazy - I will be one of the first to stockpile the homeopathy and perhaps naturopathy.
There are so many treatments for everything from gout to migraines its unreal. I really don't know why this hasn't "taken off" in the mainstream as much as it could. Though, if it did then western medicine doctors and pharmacists would indeed be given a run for their money.
I have to say that the saving grace in learning about all of this stuff is that western/alternative can work beautifully hand in hand. I have had to resort to alternative methods more than once and they turned out to be the better option with more answers than the western side. However, I have gotten the curled lip response from the western practitioners (this includes the school nurse - who by the way CANNOT administer anything homeopathy to my kids, even if I give it to her with explicit instructions) when I mention that we are trying other options for healing.

Now - true-fully, I cannot speak to everything but I CAN speak to the things that I have tried which have worked like a charm.

If my brain worked like a mathematical genius (like my older brother) I would study herbology, homeopathy, midwifery and alternative medicine but I was not blessed with such a brain.

My 11 year old actually prefers going to the acupuncturist as opposed to a regular doctor...what does THAT tell you?

No comments:

Post a Comment