Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another quick supper - modified "Frito Pie"

So you get home from a tiring day and there is not enough energy left in you to actually "cook" anything - here is my solution and I had all the ingredients so I didn't even have to shop

Obviously - I don't make this with Fritos though they are gluten and soy free they are just far too greasy for me

Modified Frito Pie

1 can Amy's Medium Chili (organic, gluten and soy free)
1 small can of organic tomato sauce
1/4 c plain goat milk yogurt
1 bag of Que Pasa Tortilla chips
1 lb of hamburger (or more - it's up to you)
Shredded organic cheese

Put the chili, tomato sauce and yogurt in a medium sauce pan an mix it - heat it to a simmer.
In a frying pan - brown the meat (add whatever seasonings you like, I use garlic powder, onion salt and cracked pepper)
In a small bowl put a handful of chips. Once the browning of the meat and the chili is warm it's ready...
Get a scoopful of chili put it on the chips then add the cooked seasoned ground beef then put a handful of cheese on the top - good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment