Sunday, June 26, 2011

Corned Beef

What's on the menu? Corned Beef. I am going to boil it, the traditional way but not with the veggies. I believe that boiled veggies are the reason why so many people dislike them. Texture is slimy, taste is gone or worse, they become bitter...so I coat my veggies in the oven. I rough chop onions and potatoes (with skins) put olive oil on them, sea salt, pepper, some of that lovely kirkland no-salt seasoning and depending on the thickness of the veggies I roast anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes in an 375 oven. Then, when the corned beef is done I put the roasted veggies in a casserole dish and place the beef on top of that to cool.
The BEST part about corned beef is making fresh corned beef hash the next day.

When the beef and veggies are cold from being in the oven the nigh before I chop them together and put handful sized portions in a hot, oiled skillet and fry...MMMM I add a little salt and pepper to this and when I serve, I serve with Franks Hot Sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment