Thursday, September 2, 2010

Making Salves

So it is not really a food issue but I feel we as a society have gotten too far away from natural remedies. I have ventured into the world of salves. The first one I made was chickweed for itching! The next one I made was Blueberry Leaf for eczema and Eric said that it is working. I then made a lemon mash for migraines. The true test of that was this evening when Eric had migraine - and - it worked. Now, I am making calming balm with lavendar, spearmint and chamomile then an antiseptic neosporin type salve with comfrey, calendula and yarrow...yarrow is a miracle flower...we'll see. The reason why I am doing this besides the one I mentioned before is that Carmen's allergies do not stop at food - she has problems with antibiotics too.

2 comments:

  1. How did your chickweed salve work? Have you had a chance to try it yet?

    ReplyDelete